WHO WE ARE
At Sullivan, we’re driven by fearless curiosity. Around here, asking bold questions, understanding what makes people tick, imagining fresh approaches to solve complex problems, and thinking creatively are all in a day’s work. Together, we help organizations of consequence build and activate brands that move audiences to action.
WHAT YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
As Design Director, you’ll be part craftsperson, part creative strategist, and all visual thinker. You’re the type of person who has the creativity to inspire and the curiosity to be inspired. Your day-to-day will include:
- Providing creative vision from concept to execution to deliver engaging, user-focused branding and marketing experiences across all channels.
- Collaborating with writers, strategists, and producers on various client projects.
- Bringing fresh ideas and experimenting in unexpected ways to push the boundaries of design.
- Solving design problems with a hands-on approach while also overseeing designers and delegating to them to bring big creative ideas to life.
- Using typography, color, photography, and illustration to build on existing guidelines or design from scratch.
- Creating assets, components, and systems for various platforms that are beautiful, easy to use, and strategically sound.
- Presenting your designs and communicating your decisions to both internal teams and clients.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TEAM
- 8 + years agency experience creating and presenting strategic design solutions.
- Relevant design degree and a strong portfolio.
- Excellent conceptual, composition, art direction, layout, and typography skills.
- Skilled at flexing design styles to follow briefs and brand identity standards.
- Confidence in your work and the ability to defend it both strategically and conceptually.
- Passion for uncovering big strategic ideas to produce out-of-the-box creative.
- Interest in sharing new insights, methods, and innovations that enrich our creative culture.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Figma.
HOW WE’LL SUPPORT YOU
- Close-knit team of ideators who love what we do and bring our full selves to work.
- Both autonomy to work your way and access to leadership and mentors.
- Opportunities to share ideas, tackle challenges, and jump in to make consequential creative work.
- Fun environment with themed happy hours, frequent game nights, and a collaborative spirit that runs through our office and online.
- Hybrid work model that values work-life balance, competitive benefits, and an entrepreneurial culture where you can make your own path.