The Director, Growth will act as right-hand to the Principal, Growth across sales, marketing, and setting the overall growth strategy for Sullivan. They will discerningly evaluate potential opportunities and identify new streams of growth. The Director will proactively build a robust pipeline of qualified leads. They will build on the tremendous success Sullivan has had in the market to proactively build new relationships with qualified prospects. This position is ideally suited to the individual seeking major impact on the growth of an award-winning agency with a roster of blue-chip clients.
This person will contribute to all new business and marketing, including demand generation, thought leadership, and new business proposals.
Major responsibilities include:
- Manage outbound prospect list to secure meetings with qualified prospects for Principal, including research, list building, cold outreach, networking, etc.
- Manage RFP process in partnership with senior leadership through qualification to proposal, with pitch support as needed
- Author proposals in collaboration with leadership
- Conceptualize and execute client and prospect events in collaboration with leadership
- Participate in conferences to raise awareness of Sullivan and network
- Manage and mentor junior Growth team staff
This is an outstanding opportunity for a business development or marketing professional with entrepreneurial drive and strong interpersonal, sales, and strategic skills looking to continue to develop their skills. It provides:
- The ability to participate in the firm’s growth, based on tremendous success and momentum, and increase responsibility as quickly as one is able
- The opportunity to join a firm that is challenging conventional wisdom and fundamentally changing how sales and marketing is performed across major corporations
- Mentorship and growth opportunities
ideal candidate profile
- Deep experience in outbound consultative sales for a consulting or professional services organization
- Ability to manage a large pipeline and develop new relationships with senior executives at blue-chip, Fortune 500 prospect companies
- A seasoned sales professional or marketer who brings business development experience. They should be a “roll up the sleeves” person who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment. Likely comes from a top-tier branding, digital or advertising agency, or client organization.
- A self-starter driven to hit and exceed goals
- Familiarity with Sullivan’s core services and offerings
- A true passion and appreciation for the power of creative and technology to transform how major companies market their products/services, and a solid understanding of communications development, from the strategic to the tactical.
- A team player with strong client development and relationship management skills and an ability to command the respect of the SVP/VP Marketing in large client organizations
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- An undergraduate degree in business, marketing, or communications from a top tier school
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- 5-7 years of sales experience