The Group Director, Strategy is an integral strategic partner for his/her clients, earning their trust and creating a healthy, long-term relationship. They will lead all client engagements in partnership with a creative director, and provide strategic guidance, thought leadership, brand and customer insight, account planning, staffing, and oversight of all day-to-day activities. As a member of the Sullivan management team, the Group Director is also expected to offer input into the overall strategy and direction of the firm.
- Manage client engagements, creating long-standing relationships with senior client executives at the SVP and VP levels while equally building effective working relationships with key direct reports in the marketing organization and elsewhere.
- Partner with clients, providing thought leadership and ensuring that the Firm over-delivers on client expectations and is successful in transforming the sales and marketing process. Serve as the quality czar for all work.
- Recruit, develop, and provide leadership to a strong team of Strategy Analysts, serving as a dynamic and inspirational leader.
- Build annual account plans, meeting specific performance targets.
- This position is ideally suited to the individual seeking fundamental and substantial real world impact on major marketing initiatives for leading companies. This is an outstanding opportunity for an accomplished marketer with strong thought leadership skills and entrepreneurial drive. It provides:
- The platform provided by Sullivan’s track record and access to the firm’s proprietary methodologies
- The opportunity to join a firm that is challenging conventional wisdom and fundamentally changing how sales and marketing is performed across major corporations
- A role that combines account planning and account management responsibilities
ideal candidate profile
- Strategic and creative thinker who brings 10+ years experience in branding, communications, and/or digital strategy and implementation. He/she should be a “roll up the sleeves” person who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment. Likely comes from a top tier branding, digital or advertising agency, or client organization.
- Solid strategic thinking and analytical skills to help set clients’ marketing agendas by assessing their situations, identifying and filling information gaps, evaluating implications and advising clients.
- Strong client development and relationship management skills with an ability to command the respect of the SVP/VP Marketing in Fortune 500 size clients while also working effectively with his/her deputies at the Director/Manager level.
- A true passion and appreciation for the power of creative and its ability to transform how a major company markets its products/services, and a solid understanding of and practical experience in communications development, from the strategic to the tactical including the ability to articulate creative direction and evaluate creative ideas as well as the quality of execution.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive as demonstrated by his/her track record as a successful developer of business, and an ability to operate in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and competitive marketplace with minimal structure.
- A team player with a solid understanding of the total business process and the need for teamwork internally and externally, and an ability to attract, develop and manage a team of strong marketers.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- An undergraduate degree in business, marketing, communications or the arts from a top tier school.