The Director, Strategy is responsible for building long-term client relationships by providing strategic leadership, creative insight, account management and oversight of all client activities.
This position is ideally suited to the individual seeking substantial real world impact on major B2B and B2C marketing initiatives for complex industries. Financial Services interest and experience is a plus. This is an outstanding opportunity for a marketer with strong strategic marketing skills and entrepreneurial drive. It provides:
- The ability to increase responsibility as quickly as one is able, participating in the firm’s tremendous success and momentum
- The opportunity to join an agency that is challenging conventional wisdom and fundamentally changing how sales and marketing is performed in leading corporations
- A role that combines account planning and account management responsibilities, and involves marketing strategy and activation across online and offline channels
ideal candidate profile
- Strategic and creative thinker who brings 7+ years experience in marketing strategy, digital campaign execution, branding and multi-channel implementation. They should be a “roll up the sleeves” person who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment. Likely comes from a top tier branding, digital or advertising agency.
- Strong analytical skills to contribute to clients’ marketing agendas by assessing their situations, identifying and filling gaps, evaluating implications and advising clients.
- A team player with a record of building client relationships.
- The ability to command the respect of the SVP/VP Marketing in large client organizations while also working effectively with their deputies at the Director/Manager level. They will be proactive about managing client relationships and identifying and seizing growth opportunities.
- A true passion and appreciation for the power of creative, with the ability to articulate creative direction and evaluate creative ideas and the quality of execution.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- An undergraduate degree in business, marketing, communications, English or the arts from a top tier school.